[OpenLayers-Users] MousePosition Control

Mike Quentel mikequentel at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 14:35:34 EDT 2007

Also, instead of modifying style.css, one can explicitly change the styles in the page that the map will appear via style tags, like this:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.openlayers.org/dev/theme/default/style.css" type="text/css" />
#mapDiv {
  width: 600px;
  height: 450px;
  border: 1px solid black;
  background-color: red;
}
div.olControlMousePosition {
  background-color: #ffffff;
  font-size: smaller;
  font-weight: bold;
}
.olControlScale {
  background-color: #ffffff;
  font-size: smaller;
  font-weight: bold;
}

That way, one can reference the style.css source for OpenLayers at the OpenLayers web site, without having to host the style.css on your server.  This is good for when all you want to modify is just a few things, like the mouse position control appearance.  Just remember to reference both the link tag as well as your style tags (see above example; include the link tag reference to the style.css, as well as your style tags).

In the above example, #mapDiv refers to the div where the map will appear.

Mike Quentel