[OpenLayers-Users] MousePosition Control

bradleyspencer brad at cubewerx.com.au
Fri Jun 8 18:22:58 EDT 2007

Francesca,

I have been using a div for these controls as below and it works fine for
the PanZoomBar  and the MousePosition control. However, I have had problems
with the MouseToolbar this way.

This allows me to move the control off the map all together which I prefer
to do.

map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.MousePosition({div:$('mousePos')}));

#mousePos{
                        color:gray;
                        font-weight:bold;
                        font-size:10px;
                        position:absolute;
                        text-align:left;
                        top:500px; left:470px;
                        width:110px; height:10px;
            }

I’m not sure if this is right or wrong but it works for me.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Brad