[OpenLayers-Users] SLD question

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Jun 10 16:24:48 EDT 2007

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 07:19:45PM +0300, fadi maali wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am novice to GIS in general so please excuse me for any misuse of terms or
> trivial questions...
>
> does the SLD file must be online? can't I use inline SLD and if yes how?
> if the SLD file must be an online resource, does it need to be in the same
> domain as the server being requested via WMS?

SLD is more a server question than a client question. I believe this
depends on your server (GeoServer, MapServer, etc.), though I'm not
sure. You might try looking in the documentation for that project, and
asking on the mailing list for that project if you don't get an answer
here.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta