[OpenLayers-Users] Reprojecting GML?

Jeff Dege jdege at korterra.com
Thu Jun 14 18:16:08 EDT 2007

I'm displaying an Openlayers map with one layer being a GML file that
I'm building from a number of sources.  This GML layer displays points
that I'm given as Lat/Long values.

I'd like my map to be displayed in a projection other than Lat/Long -
maybe epsg:2163, instead of the epsg:4267 my source data is in.

Problem is that the points I'm getting are still going to be in NAD27
lat/long.

How does OpenLayers handle on-the-fly reprojections?  Can I have a map
in one projection, with its baselayer in that projection, and have
another layer in another projection?