[OpenLayers-Users] Peculiar behavior with SFL build from svn head

Matt Hancher mdh at email.arc.nasa.gov
Sun Jun 17 03:38:09 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm experiencing peculiar behavior when I attempt to use a Vector
layer using an SFL build of OpenLayers from the subversion head.
Specifically, it falsely claims that my browser does not support
vector rendering.  It works fine if I use the library source directly
without building it, or if I use the public SFL build provided at
http://www.openlayers.org/api/OpenLayers.js.

I'm on a Mac running OS 10.4.9, using Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Python 2.5.

The easiest way to reproduce the problem is to modify the supplied
example editingtoolbar.html by changing the line that used to read:
     <script src="../lib/OpenLayers.js"></script>
so that it now reads:
     <script src="../build/OpenLayers.js"></script>
Then just run build.py in the build directory and open up the example.

I just confirmed that I see this problem using a fresh checkout from
the svn repository.  Interestingly, I see the same problem when I use
buildUncompressed.py instead, so it's not a compression issue.

Any ideas?  I'm pretty new to the OpenLayers code base, but this
seems pretty weird to me....

Thanks,
Matt

Matthew D. Hancher