[OpenLayers-Users] maxExtent

Pascal Ehlert dadark at dadark.de
Mon Jun 18 13:38:35 EDT 2007

Hi all!

At first I'd like to thank you for your incredible work. OpenLayers
saved me so much time!

Ok, the only thing (or one of the more important things ;)) you could
still do is improving the documentation.. And there we go.

This is my map: http://pascal.hacksrus.net/dev/map.html
I wanted to prevent the users from getting lost somewhere in Africa as
the only interesting thing on the map is Mozambique.
So I set the maxExtent to the corners of Moz, which, I thought, would
prevent the user from panning out of it.

Anyway, it didn't work as expected. OpenLayers now doesn't load the
border sections anymore (just look at the map to understand what I mean)
and the user is still able to pan everywhere he wants.

Did I missunderstand maxExtent, or is there another problem?

Thank you

Pascal