[OpenLayers-Users] Question about WFS-T

Seymore Glass seymore_glass2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 12:44:35 EDT 2007

Hi List,

I had the question about the wfs-t page in the vector 2.4 version and Christopher said that I needed to set up apache to allow the page to post to the Geoserver port. My question now is can anyone help me with configuring the mod_proxy like Christopher said? I am not very good with apache, and their documentation has not been very helpful.

I have asked this question before, but did not get a response, so I am trying again, hoping for better luck this time. The software I am using is listed below in the first email I sent and I would be happy to answer any other questions that could help get me closer to get this working.

Thanks,

Tony

Seymore Glass <seymore_glass2000 at yahoo.com> wrote: Christopher:

Thanks for the fast response. I looked at what you suggested, but unfortunately, I am not very familiar with configuring apache. Could you please provide a little more information on how you set up mod_proxy to point to GeoServer? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again,

Tony

Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote: On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 12:48:57PM -0700, Seymore Glass wrote:
> Dear List:
>
> I have been trying to modify the wfs-scribble.html file (in the vector2.4 version of OpenLayers in the sandbox) to work with data on my server (served from GeoServer 1.4.1). The GET requests work great, but I am having a problem with the POST. The proper request is built, but when it is sent to the server via the proxy.cgi file, I get a server error as the response(Apache 2.0.49 -  500 Internal Server Error). I am using python 2.4 to run the cgi file.

proxy.cgi doesn't do POST. OpenLayers doesn't have an example proxy that
does.

In the past, I've configured this by setting up mod_proxy to point to
GeoServer in a relative URL:

http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/wfs-scribble.html now works again in
this mechanism. (My GeoServer died some time ago -- I just restarted
it.)

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta

        Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us.  http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48516/*http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7   hot CTA = Join Yahoo!'s user panel _______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users at openlayers.org