[OpenLayers-Users] proxy problem again

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Jun 19 14:05:28 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 07:35:19PM +0200, Markus Spring wrote:
> Having the following code in my map.html however results in an error:
>
> function singleclick (e) {
>
>   var url =  azdkadde.getFullRequestString(
>   { REQUEST:           "GetFeatureInfo",
>                          EXCEPTIONS:        "application/vnd.ogc.se_xml",
>                          BBOX:              map.getExtent().toBBOX(),
>                          X:                 e.xy.x,
>                          Y:                 e.xy.y,
>                          QUERY_LAYERS:      azdkadde.params.LAYERS,
>                          RADIUS:            2,
>                          WIDTH:             map.size.w,
>                          HEIGHT:            map.size.h
>                          } );
>   setHTML('<p>'+url+'</p>');
>   OpenLayers.ProxyHost = '/cgi/proxy.cgi?url=';
>   OpenLayers.loadURL(url, '', this, setHTML,
>                      alert('failure calling '+url));
>   Event.stop(e);
> }
>
> the url is correctly written by the function setHTML, but the loadURL raises the
> error as firebug shows:

The 'permission denied to get property XULelement' is not actually
related. Does your setHTML function ever get called? The GET request is
getting out successfully, so it should be -- if you open the long URL in
this email, do you get data?

In general, it seems like you are on the right track. I think the
problem may actually lie outside the Proxy setup.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta