[OpenLayers-Users] wms epsg:4326 like google maps mercator

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 04:36:29 EDT 2007

hi,

2007/6/21, Andrea Aime <aaime at openplans.org>:
> >[...]
> > setting projection on the server is, I think at least, not solution for
> > me, as I would like to use maps also from servers, where I do not have
> > any access (e.g. openlayers wms server ).
>
> If the server is standard compliant and supports the projection you
> need, you can ask the map in that projection and the server will have
> to reproject on the fly.
>
> Cheers
> Andrea

Corect me, if I'm wrong, but most of the wms servers around the globe
do serve their data using EPSG 4326 and then maybe other projections
(mostly local). 4326 is very common.

Could you point me please to the place in OpenLayers code, where the
maps are "reprojected", so they fit to Google/Yahoo maps?

thanks a lot

Jachym
--
Jachym Cepicky