[OpenLayers-Users] Marker Disappearing

Lee Keel lee.keel at uai.com
Wed Jun 27 10:44:59 EDT 2007

Hello All,

We are experiencing a disappearing marker when the user zooms in after
placement of the marker.  You can see this @
http://hud.uai.com/hudpls/ViewMap.aspx?FindAddTI=1 then by doing an address
search.  The marker will remain as long as you are at the current zoom level
or above, but disappears when you zoom in beyond the initial level.  Here is
the code I am using to create the marker.

if(addressMarkers == null){ // create layer if it doesn't exist yet

   addressMarkers = new OpenLayers.Layer.Markers("Find Address");

   map.addLayer(addressMarkers);

}

addressMarker = addressFeature.createMarker();

addressMarker.events.register('click', addressMarker, addressMarker_click);

addressMarkers.addMarker(addressMarker);

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Lee Keel

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.