[OpenLayers-Users] GeoRSS Markers

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Jun 28 07:12:53 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 01:24:01AM -0700, Simo D wrote:
> >> new OpenLayers.Layer.GeoRSS("Name", url, {icon: new OpenLayers.Icon()});

I tried to do this:
var events = new OpenLayers.Layer.GeoRSS("events",
"http://www.rsoe.hu/hisz/rss/disrss-eng.php",{icon: new
OpenLayers.Icon("http://localhost/openlayers/img/marker-gold.png")});

But nothing changes, the marker still remains red.
Can you help me to find where is my mistake?
Thanks in advance.

Are you using trunk of OpenLayers? (are you sure the marker-gold.png
image exists, and is gold? :)

Does the examples/georss-markers.html in your checkout look like
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/georss-markers.html does,
specifically, showing a yelp icon over the great lakes?

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta