[OpenLayers-Users] How do I show a Control.ZoomBox tool icon in a Control.Panel ???

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Jun 28 23:27:43 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 10:56:30PM -0400, Brendan Graham wrote:
> Hi group,
>
>   I've spent days trying to get variations of the following to work, but
> though the tool is available and can be clicked on and does work, the
> Control.Panel TOOL IS INVISIBLE. Can anyone tell me how to make the tool
> visible?

Step one: Add a background color to the 'div {' rule, so you can see
          that it's there at all.

Step two: You haven't provided full context, so I don't know for sure,
but is it possible that the path to 'img/foo' is wrong?

I just tried it by putting it in the examples/panel.html example, and
although what you pasted didn't work, when I changed the img locations,
a la:

background-image: url("../theme/default/img/pan_on.png");

It worked fine.

So, is your CSS right? Do you have the files there?

If that doens't work, download Firebug
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843 , click 'inspect',
click on the place where the icon should be, and look at the CSS. Hover
over the 'background-image' css property, and you should get an image.
Check that this works.

Beyond that, I'm a bit short on advice, but that might help get you
pointed in the right direction.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta