[OpenLayers-Users] How do I show a Control.ZoomBox tool icon in a Control.Panel ??? Resolved

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Jun 29 12:15:22 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 11:13:06AM -0400, Brendan Graham wrote:
> Hi list,
>      The problem has been resolved, although I still have no idea what the
> cause of the problem is. I simply used the referenced INVISIBLE icon on one
> of the currently visible tools. The icon then showed up in it's previously
> invisible position as well. Then I removed replaced all the icon paths
> appropriately and now everything works. I guess that a simple machine
> reboot would have accomplished the same thing.
>
> It appears that the JS interpreter is somehow caching the CSS file and thus
> it does not see that a new CSS div entry has been made.

The JS Interpreter does not do any caching, but your browser does. When
doing development, it always makes sense to do a 'force refresh', and
occasionally, to view the CSS file directly and refresh that. The
caching headers -- and proxies between you and the server -- are
entirely dependant on your environment, but are unrelated to OpenLayers
or its use of Javascript to load CSS. It's just the same problem all web
developers face every day.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta