[OpenLayers-Users] ajax onfailure does not decrease requests counter

Duarte Carreira DCarreira at edia.pt
Sun May 13 11:54:06 EDT 2007

Hi all.

I'm using OL2.3 and I'm using loadURL as the ajax mechanism.

I use OpenLayers.Ajax.Responders.register to show and hide a small animated icon to show when client-server communication is going on. This works fine until there's a failed request.

As far as I can see, when an ajax request fails OL does not update OpenLayers.Ajax.activeRequestCount, so my function does not hide the animated icon.

I feel the counter should be decreased every time a request terminates, even if it failed.

Also, I don't know if the responder onComplete gets fired when a request fails.

As long as I'm on the subject I would like to ask if there's a way to know when tiles have finished loading on a map or layer? I have searched the list for this and did not find a solution. But OL is evolving so fast I'm hoping maybe there is.

Thanks,
Duarte Carreira