[OpenLayers-Users] layers not transparent

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun May 27 19:43:27 EDT 2007

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 02:44:23PM -0600, Richard Greenwood wrote:
> I can not seem to make my layers transparent. Only the top most layer
> is visible, and it is blocking out the underlying layers. I've tried
> transparent:true and format both gif & png. Also tried
> isBaseLayer:false.  (example layer below). The layers show up
> correctly in the layer control (that is to say they are accompanied by
> check boxes as opposed to radio buttons.)
>
> I'm using MapServer 4.8.3 and OL 2.4-rc4 & rc5

Can you make a transparent image via a WMS request? (Check it by
changing the background color in your browser, for example, and then
viewing the image, and changing the parameters until it's transparent.)

If you can't, your problem is at the mapfile level. If you can, send
back a URL, and then we can work backwards from that.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta