[OpenLayers-Users] min/max zoom

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Tue May 29 19:29:57 EDT 2007

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> Set a maxResolution that's smaller. That makes the '0' level differently
> sized.  'auto' will make the map fit the maxExtent in the window
> exactly, but doesn't work with TileCache.

Well, that kinda worked. I guessed about the resolution, and probably
got it wrong:
    maxresolution = (smaller of height/width of map, in degrees) / 256
In this case:
    ( -124.15456 - -123.7844 ) / 256 = 0.0014459375

This does set the center, kinda. I guess I'll have to tweak and tweak
for a few hours to get it just right. But it's a start. But it does
create a new problem. Sigh.

If I zoom out, or if I zoom in a few levels and pan to the edge, it now
created pink "nuh-uh tiles" at the edges. Examples:
   zoom level 6, west edge
   zoom level 0, south side
What's with that?

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA