[OpenLayers-Users] how to cleanly remove a vector layer

Mike Quentel mikequentel at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 19:22:48 EDT 2007

This might be of help to you...

OpenLayers.Control.EraseFeatures = OpenLayers.Class.create();
OpenLayers.Control.EraseFeatures.prototype =
  OpenLayers.Class.inherit( OpenLayers.Control, {
    /** @type OpenLayers.Control.TYPES */
    type: OpenLayers.Control.TYPE_BUTTON,
    trigger: function () {
      if (this.map) {
        var map = this.map;
        for(i = 0; i < map.layers.length; i++) {
          var currentLayer = map.layers[i];
          if (currentLayer.isVector) {
            if (currentLayer.selectedFeatures.length > 0) {
          currentLayer.destroySelectedFeatures();
        } else {
          currentLayer.destroyFeatures();
        } //if (currentLayer.selectedFeatures...
          } //if (currentLayer.isVector...
        } // for (i = 0...
      } //if (this.map...
    },
/** @final @type String */
CLASS_NAME: "OpenLayers.Control.EraseFeatures"
});

Mike Quentel