[OpenLayers-Users] vector questions

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu May 31 10:12:22 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 11:49:41PM -0400, Mick Jagger wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I'm new to OpenLayers and was trying to create some polygons and points using vectors and google maps.  I keep getting an odd problem that whenever I pan the map in the Y direction the vector layer items move accordingly.  However if I pan in the X direction, they stay in place.  Markers never move, staying in place where defined.  I saw a dev ticket regarding google maps problems, but it didn't describe the issue, is this same problem?

This is http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/658, "Vector layer does not
work with Google". There is information in that ticket on how to check
out some code that doesn't suffer this problem.

> 	Also, I've not found any docs or examples on creating a circle?  Is there something available?  Thanks,

http://openlayers.org/pipermail/users/2007-May/001577.html is probably
what your'e looking for, but the basic answer is 'You can't do that':
Instead, you draw a many-sided polygon.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta