[OpenLayers-Users] Suppressing layers from being loaded

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Nov 1 06:48:15 EDT 2007

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 01:00:19AM -0400, Jeff Yutzler wrote:
> To answer your question, the problem only occurred on initial load.  I
> was originally using setVisibility(false) and went to setting the
> visibility directly after I identified a problem.  However, hold off on
> this until I can provide a simplified test case.  My first attempt to
> create one failed to reproduce the problem.  This has me requestioning
> my assumptions.

This doesn't surprise me too much.

There is a known bug where when a layer switches from visibility true to
visibility false, the first time, it grabs the tiles anyway. There's an
open bug report on this, targeted for 2.6, with commentary and a couple
psuedo patches.

http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/937

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta