[OpenLayers-Users] Should ZOOMWORLD be in PanZoomBar?

Jeff Yutzler jeff.yutzler at ionicenterprise.com
Wed Nov 7 10:00:21 EST 2007

We're fans of the PanZoomBar control, but we don't understand why the
ZOOMWORLD function is not in there by default.  It is a simple enough
thing to add; only three lines of code need to be changed, one to add
the icon and two to adjust the position of the other icons.  (Well, to
make it look right, the CSS that drives the location of the navigation
toolbar should be updated as well.)  I have a patch that would put this
in there, but perhaps I don't understand the reason it was left out in
the first place.  I suppose we can subclass PanZoomBar and override the
draw() function, but my preference would be for this to be the default
unless there is a compelling reason not to.

What do you think?