[OpenLayers-Users] out of range bbox requests and Tilecache failures

David Herbert darb1 at bas.ac.uk
Thu Nov 22 07:54:01 EST 2007

Christopher,

Thanks firstly for your comprehensive reply.

To answer your points:

In my OL initialisation, the maxExtent of the map is set by:

var SGBOUNDS = new OpenLayers.Bounds(-82000,7800,80000,116000);

So integers, not FP numbers that could be subject to rounding error.
I'm not using displayOutsideMaxExtent BTW - it's left default false.

So the bounds there are exactly the same as in tilecache.cfg.

I don't know whether my subsequent post to the list about buffering
made sense.  It does look as though this influences the problem.  It
seems like buffering mightn't take account of the maxExtent in some
circumstances e.g. at the most zoomed out level(s)?  For me the bounding
box I set is very close to the boundary of where I have any data anyway,
so I have no need to pan the map around at zoom level 0.  Might even be
nice if I could disable it?

Thanks again,

David.

--
This message (and any attachments) is for the recipient only.  NERC is subject
to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the contents of this email and any