[OpenLayers-Users] Highlighting a feature?

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Fri Nov 30 12:21:11 EST 2007

Hey, all. I have an OL map running, even with TC, and it's slicker than
a greased fish. Thanks for the software, and for the help in the past.
Now to nag again. :)

A request has come up to highlight one or more polygon features, e.g.
search results or the like. What would be an advisable way of doing this?

Using plain Mapserver, we used additional query args and a filter, to
create a layer which would only show only those features in some ungodly
highlight-worthy color. The WMS server is still Mapserver, and I'd not
be averse to using a OL.Mapserver layer.

Alternately, I imagine that one could fetch the feature with WFS and
draw it in some ungodly highlight-worthy color.

And if there's a wiki page or example that I missed, even better!

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA