[OpenLayers-Users] GUI frameworks

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Mon Oct 1 08:01:16 EDT 2007

Hi list,

I just read on Sean Gillies' blog that Cartoweb 4 has chosen Dojo to build
applications around OpenLayers.

I am also in the phase of choosing a GUI js framework, and for me it seems
Ext JS is the best choice (http://www.extjs.com), but then again it seems a
shame to be working on several frameworks once again ....

Can anybody (from the Cartoweb team) elaborate on the choice for Dojo?

Or can other people share their experiences with similar frameworks? I saw
for instance that DMSG's Fusion has written their own UI library, what are
the reasons behind that?

Thanks in advance. Hope to get some lively discussion on this subject.

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden