[OpenLayers-Users] GML lines not located correctly in y axis

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Oct 2 17:10:50 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 10:02:25PM +0100, Richard Thurbin wrote:
> On a slightly different tack, I am able to create the lines on to
> transparent tile and then publish these tiles in WMS. Can OL render a
> google layer and a WMS layer, one over the top of the other?<br>

In 2.4, with the 'reproject' option, this will work at large scales, but
not when you zoom all the way out.

In 2.5, the above will continue to work (though reproject now defaults
to false), but SphericalMercator support is a better way to approach
this.

In 2.6, there will (hopefully) be client side
reprojection support in OL, which would mean you could add your
unprojected GML and it would 'just work' for display...

But we're not there yet :)

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta