[OpenLayers-Users] How connect the editing toolbar to a layer on the fly

Tim Schaub tschaub at openplans.org
Thu Oct 4 15:40:32 EDT 2007

Hey-

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 03:28:19PM +0200, Arnd Wippermann wrote:
>> Is there a way to connect the editing toolbar to a specific layer on the
>> fly.
>
> Doesn't look like it. It looks like you could break the abstraction
> barrier, dive in, and change the layer property on each of the controls
> -- if you weren't editing at the time, that might work. I'm not sure.

This should be made easier.

If you want to see how I've done it, take a look at the (not for
production, not to be considered stable, for demonstration purposes
only) FeatureEditor control with a change layer method:

http://trac.openlayers.org/browser/sandbox/tschaub/wfsv/lib/OpenLayers/Control/FeatureEditor.js#L162

All that should be cleaner.  Basically, you need a way to swap out the
handler that the draw/modify controls use.

Tim