[OpenLayers-Users] feature missing location

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Oct 5 09:24:42 EDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 04:18:45AM -0700, Prasad Choudhary wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have change a bit (just lonlat of boston) in openlayer example of draw
> feature and placed @
> http://prasad.choudhary.googlepages.com/vector_feature.html. can anyone
> guess whats wrong with my code so the features are missing the location, but
> on first zoom change they got right place. I have investigate a lot but
> found nothing.

Somehow, when your renderer is first drawn, the points are NaN values. I
would suggest calling setCenter *before* drawing your features, and
seeing if that works as a workaround -- if it does, please include both
the before and after emails as attachments to a new ticket on this
topic. This is definitely an OpenLayers bug, but I think it is one we
should be able to work aorund pretty easily.

http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/FilingTicketso

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta