[OpenLayers-Users] GUI frameworks

Brent Pedersen bpederse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 12:56:32 EDT 2007

to add to the mix:
after tinkering with most major frameworks (not Jx, that looks
interesting) i've settled on jQuery and yahoo's YUI depending on the
project.
jquery just released the UI library so it's still a bit rough, but now
there are _lots_ of developers and users so things get fixed quickly.
i guess you'll have to decide whether you like the jQuery syntax, i
find it very powerful and clear. some do not. it also has the most
accomodating license(s) if that's an issue.

YUI is very stable, great docs, and lighter than dojo. the syntax is
more verbose than jQuery, but quite clear. plus, yahoo hosts the
files:
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/hosting/
with proper caching and compression headers so library size is less an issue.

-b