[OpenLayers-Users] icons in Layer.Text

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Mon Oct 8 13:28:37 EDT 2007

I am trying to add nondefault icons for markers using Layer.Text
(because I plan to have a large, dynamic set of markers)
I want the marker to be smaller than the default marker.
Passing a rescaled version of a larger marker caused it to be enlarged
and stretched and look really bad.
I sort of got it working by placing a marker into a larger canvas, but
the tip of the marker doesn't seem to be in quite the right place.
Is there some documentation on this, or another way to handle it?
Also, is there a way to specifiy the image file for all the markers in a
text file without repeating the path in every line?

Sample script at
alt2is.com/pages_html/openlayers/marker.html

Thanks, Tara