[OpenLayers-Users] Problem with transparent PNG's and IE6

jonz jonathan.zaid at mediolanum.it
Wed Oct 10 10:53:38 EDT 2007

I don't know what your code was to generate the image nor do I understand
what was expected, but I too dealt with the transparent PNG IE6 "problem" in
the HTML content of a popup div. What I did was to convert every   tag
so for example
                 /img/OpenLayers/pop/ul.png

becomes
<DIV style="DISPLAY: inline-block; FILTER:
progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='/img/OpenLayers/pop/ul.png',
sizingMethod='scale'); WIDTH: 32px; HEIGHT: 9px"></DIV>

in the case that OpenLayers.Util.alphaHack() is true.

Don't know if this is the best way to do it, but it works for me.

ciao
jon