[OpenLayers-Users] wfs with mapserver

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Oct 11 11:27:24 EDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 10:50:46AM -0400, Burgholzer,Robert wrote:
> My thought is that you may wish to experiment with some of the settings that you have in calling your layer from OpenLayers.  The one that is working for me is:
>             layer2 = new OpenLayers.Layer.WFS( "proj_subsheds",
>                     url, {typename: 'proj_subsheds' },
>                {
>                       typename: 'proj_subsheds',
>                       featureNS: 'http://www.openplans.org/topp',
>                       extractAttributes: true
>                } );
>
> Which differs from yours in that you have included a "maxfeatures" attribute, and you have a "featureClass" specification, whereas I do not, and I have a "featureNS" in mine, and you do not.

featureNS on Layer.WFS has no effect, as far as I know.

featureClass, however, makes the WFS layer a markers layer instead of a
vector layer, so it will only work for points. Killing a featureClass
from a WFS layer which only serves polygons should make it display.

(Thanks for bringing this back to the list, Robert.)

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta