[OpenLayers-Users] How to get all possible tiles/urls for seeding/precaching

Beck, Jonas JB at ibbeck.de
Thu Oct 11 11:27:42 EDT 2007

hello,
right now i am using a php-script to cache wms layers for use in
openlayers. works great - but I cant figure out a way to seed my cache.
I tried TileCache and KaMap seeding scripts, but what I am looking for
is a way within OpenLayers, to get all Urls of all tiles that could be.
so I can fetch them once and thusly have my cache filled.
Is there any way to do so in OpenLayers? I have tried quite a few
things, but whatever I do I just cant get OpenLayers to compute all the
possible bounds. tried to make a function which iterates through all
tiles and gives out bounds, but that just wont work.Of course I can get
bounds/url of the tiles in view, but I want them all, even for those
layers which arent switched on.
btw, do tiles of different layers allways have the same bounds if they
are at the same spot and zoom level?
if so calculating a bunch of possible bounds for all tiles in all
zoomlevels would also do.
could I take my map extents and somehow calculate all bounds, in a way
that they will be the same as the bounds in the real tile-urls?
any hints or ideas are absolutely welcome.
regards,
jonas beck