[OpenLayers-Users] Get feature info for GML layer

Jim Cory jcory17 at charter.net
Wed Oct 17 10:50:05 EDT 2007

Hi,

I want to load a GML layer along with various map services and be able
to retrieve feature info from the GML. I could not find a method to do
this directly from a GML layer, so I read the GML from the Format object
and convert each feature and attribute set into a vector layer feature
and attribute set. I then add the vector layer to the map. I can then
use the vector feature attributes property to return the info for the
selected feature. The conversion process takes awhile on my client box,
so I was wondering if  anyone knows a more efficient way of getting the
same result?

Thanks.

Jim Cory
Horizon Mapping