[OpenLayers-Users] google, yahoo maps + wms

Leandro R learonco at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 09:45:27 EDT 2007

As far as I know set the option sphericalMercator:false on the Google layer,
and it will be display in lonlat.
Because commercial layers uses a spherical model of the Earth, they won't
line up correctly with you WMS layers in EPSG:4326, which uses an
ellipsoidal geometric model. You will see a shift between the layers.

I' ve solved this with GeoServer 1.6-beta3 and setting EPSG:900913 to the
map, so I send the request in this projection. Taking this way both layers
line up correctly.

Regards