[OpenLayers-Users] OL without knowing projection

Linda Rawson linda.rawson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 11:51:46 EDT 2007

Jonz,

I think you could create a tilecache layer that does this.  I have to do a
similar thing because part of my stuff is in EPSG:4326 and other stuff is in
UTM NADS83.

You would create your own layer class in tilecache.

Convert the WMS request to UTM and submit another WMS request.

Return the tile.

I am in the midst of this so my python code to do this is still a little
rough but I could send you what I have.  Plus I am still working on the
conversion routine.  It is not getting the same result as the javascript or
vb version.

Linda Rawson