[OpenLayers-Users] How to overlay WMS onto Google Maps?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Oct 24 16:42:31 EDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 05:29:11PM +0100, Andrew Larcombe wrote:

> On 24 Oct 2007, at 16:52, Fiona wrote:
>
> > Hello: I am trying to overlay wms layers on google maps, but I have
> > a problem with the projection. Exist any javascript that I can use
> > in order to overlay on google maps? I have been trying for many
> > days and nothing works. Thank you for your help.
> > Sent from the OpenLayers Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> >

> Hi Fiona,
>
> You need to use the GoogleMercator class and set your wms server to
> use epsg:54004.

This is *not* correct.

GoogleMercator doesn't exist -- it was a relic which was changed for
2.5. Information on the projection you will need to use is available at
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/SphericalMercator . You will set a
'sphericalMercator' option on your Google, Yahoo, or other layer to
'true', as per that wiki page.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta