[OpenLayers-Users] wheel zooming: want to turn off re-centre of map at mouse location

Trond Michelsen trondmm-openlayers at crusaders.no
Sun Oct 28 19:24:06 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 11:41:49AM -0400, Michael Quentel wrote:
> In Navigation.js, it appears that the wheelChange function gets the
> event x y, and not only zooms in or out, but also appears to re-centre
> on the mouse event location.  Is this correct?

In my opinion, it is not. This behaviour means that if you put the
mousepointer over an area, and zoom in more than once, the second (and
third, etc.) zoom will zoom in on a different area than the first. I
don't think this behaviour is very intuitive.

I think the map still needs to recenter after the zoom, but it should
keep the coordinates at the mousepointer the same as it was when the
zoom was started.

--
Trond Michelsen