[OpenLayers-Users] Using SVG instead of image as marker icon

Guido_bs guido.pollini at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 10:08:23 EDT 2007

Hello, I'm a new openlayers user, so I have a question for you experts:
is it possible using an SVG circle instead of a png image as marker icon in
OpenLayers 2.0?
My application uses a WFS layer which has a lot of markers (hundreds) and
each marker has a png icon.
I think my application could be faster if I use a SVG element (circle)
instead of an image as marker icon.
I have not found any example about it, could you tell me if there is any?
Thanks in advance!

Guido