[OpenLayers-Users] Antw: Use a select box to switch layers or position layerswitcher outside map?

Armin Wäspy armin.waespy at lubw.bwl.de
Wed Oct 31 11:40:27 EDT 2007

Hi Ali,
maybe this will help you a little.
http://rips-uis.lubw.baden-wuerttemberg.de/rips/wms_viewer/openlayer_test/myOpenLayer.php
you can write some javascript functions. you don't need the layer switcher.

cheers.
armin

>>> Ali Khan <akhan at unfpa.org> 10/31/07 4:33 >>>
Hey, I've been trying to get the layer switcher out of the map but if I
pull it out the switcher always snaps to the top right section of the
browser screen rather than where I position it in the page, are there
any fixes to this?

I have 50+ Layers which a person can select from. I was hoping if I
could not fix the above method I could use a select or radio box system
where one could click the choice and it would load in the layer using a
custom javascript function. Has anyone done anything similar to this
before? Any help would be much appreciated.