[OpenLayers-Users] Plotting time-related data

Ian Mayo ian at planetmayo.com
Sat Sep 1 01:42:29 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I've searched the archives with no joy so:

Is it possible to view time-related data with OpenLayers?
Specifically I would be interested in plotting a georss file and
providing the user with the ability to "scroll" back through the
history of locations.

Say somebody is trekking through some mountains.  I would like to be
able to plot the path they followed (already possible I believe -
OpenLayers declares a georss format reader), but also to have a
"time-slider" control that moves a highlight back & forward along the
track showing where the person was at what time.

Is this functionality part of OpenLayers?

cheers,
Ian