[OpenLayers-Users] WFS call with BBOX filter shorthand?

David R Robison drrobison at openroadsconsulting.com
Tue Sep 11 10:01:32 EDT 2007

In looking at the geoserver documentation, it shows that a bounding box
filter would be sent by appending the following to the URL request:

&filter=<ogc:Filter
xmlns:ogc="http://ogc.org" xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml">
<ogc:BBOX>
<ogc:PropertyName>the_geom</ogc:PropertyName>
<gml:Box srsName="http://www.opengis.net/gml/srs/epsg.xml">
<gml:coordinates>-73.99,40.76 -73.92,40.80</gml:coordinates>
</gml:Box>
</ogc:BBOX>
</ogc:Filter>

This is quite wordy and I was wondering if I could user the shorthand
version "&BBOX=" instead of this detailed ogc:Filter string.
David

--

David R Robison
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.