[OpenLayers-Users] Layer on/off

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Sep 13 06:50:33 EDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 03:00:22AM -0700, Prasad Choudhary wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Can any one tell me, way to on/off overlay(say marker or vector layer)  for
> certain zoom levels??
> i was trying for
>
> var markers = new OpenLayers.Layer.Markers( "Markers",{'minResolution':
> 0.02, 'maxResolution': 0.02} ); but unfortunately that was not working.

Something like that should work, though setting them both to the exact
same thing might be confusing it. try setting the minResolution to .0002
instead or something, just to see if it works? When you're outside the
resolution, the layer should be grayed out in the switcher.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta