[OpenLayers-Users] Can openlayers read featureserver WFS from remote location?

Ed Fialkowski edfialk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 18:05:03 EDT 2007

Hey Chris, that worked perfectly.  I should have known openlayers with
javascript couldn't access that kind of info.  I didn't think about it
though, thanks.

So, I'm pretty sure this will be my one last thing.  Is it possible to
retrieve various xml tags from the featureServer WFS output into the
openlayers Feature object?

For example:
</gml:coordinates>
</gml:LinearRing>
</gml:outerBoundaryIs>
</gml:Polygon>
</fs:geometry>
<fs:PERIMETER>4.616</fs:PERIMETER>
<fs:STATE_FIPS>56</fs:STATE_FIPS>
<fs:AREA>0.579</fs:AREA>
<fs:COUNTY>Hot Springs County</fs:COUNTY>

those perimeter, state_fips, area, county, and there's a few more.  I've
done a:

for(prop in feature){
   html += prop + " value : " + feature[prop] + "<br>";
}

in the openlayers app, which I think prints out all the attributes from the
feature, and perimeter, area, etc. are not defined attributes, but..that
doesn't stop me.

Any ideas about this?
Thanks again.
-Ed