[OpenLayers-Users] Congrats and query? Using spherical Mercator -- can I get at the WGS84 geographic values?

Mike Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Sep 17 16:40:02 EDT 2007

Yes cscs did have that problem.  However the Proj4js version loads only
the projection class code required based on the projection definition so
you never need to worry about that.   If you know beforehand what
projections your app will be dealing with, you can also load the code
statically.

The other option is to compress all the projection code and always load
it all, but then you end up with lots of code that will never get used.

The advantage of the Proj4js approach is that as long as the Proj4
initialization parameters are available somewhere (statically on disk,
or in a Web Service like spatialreference.org, or a local interface to
PostGIS) any projection can be handled.

Mike