[OpenLayers-Users] Google Pan not working?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Sep 18 14:00:17 EDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 01:25:51PM -0400, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 12:05:43PM -0500, Richard Brown wrote:
> > What happened to the GoogleMap panning capability?  Works fine still in VE,
> > Yahoo, and WMS layers.
> >
> > http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/google.html
>
> Google broke it. We saw it at one point, but it went away. #994 has been
> filed as a blocker for 2.5.

And after more thinking, I just realized this broke every application
which might have been using Google Maps Layers. We'll provide a fix for
this as soon as we're able: this was our fault (Google didn't
provide an API for the method we needed, so we depended on their code
not changing), and we're doing our best to move quickly to resolve it.

More information as it becomes available.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta