[OpenLayers-Users] numZoomLevels

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Sep 19 18:03:56 EDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 05:47:24PM -0400, Robert J Becraft wrote:
> On my map at http://www.metaphaze.com/Avalon/AMII_world_map.htm I've
> added a text marker layer.  The base map layer has a numZoomLevels equal
> to 5.  The marker text layer has numZoomLevels equal to 6.  The text
> layer disappears at the maximum zoom level of the map.
>
> If the base map has an equal or higher numZoomLevels, the text marker
> layer still only displays for the first 4 layers.
>
> Is this a bug, or did I do something wrong?

You probably just want to set maxres and numZoomLevels on the map,
rather than the layers. The default properties are pulled from the map
if they don't exist on the layer -- and the ones on the map are the
defaults, because adding a layer doesn't override them, I think.

So, set the 'options' on the map, not the layers, and you should be all
set.

(This is related to http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/987 )

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta