[OpenLayers-Users] layer.mergeNewParams flicker

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Fri Sep 21 09:42:26 EDT 2007

Hi list,

when I use layer.mergeNewParams to add a random parameter (I really want to
make sure things don't come from the browser cache), the image flickers
unfortunately.

In Mapbuilder's TimeSeriesOL I seem something like:

/* Here we have to null out the existing tile (in the case of Untiled WMS
layers) so that it is not first cleared out before rendering the new
request. */
objRef.oLlayers[layerName].tile = null;
objRef.oLlayers[layerName].mergeNewParams({"TIME":timestamp.firstChild.nodeValue});

But this won't work with the new singleTile option in 2.5 AFAIK.

Is there any way to avoid the flicker in OL 2.5, so keep the old image until
the new one is in?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bart