[OpenLayers-Users] Orthorectifying

Linda Rawson linda.rawson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 17:26:50 EDT 2007

The map provider I get images from does not have a WMS service.  I have
tried to get tilecache to run on IIS and was never successful.  Hence I am
grabbing the lat/lon coordinates returned by openlayers creating a single
tile and then presenting the image to the user.

My customer says the following:

*Looking at the header info on some images downloaded today it appears you
are navigating along a lat lon grid as if it were orthogonal. Unfortunately
this doesn't work with the imagery as served by the map providers. they
"orthorectify" the images so the tiles are in a Cartesian space rather than
a spherical space. The means when you move straight east or straight north
neither lat nor lon stay constant.*

How would I go about orthorectifying my scenario.  Would tilecache take care
of this?  Would some minor adjustments to the panning work?

Thanks,
Linda Rawson