[OpenLayers-Users] Orthorectifying

Linda Rawson linda.rawson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 15:30:14 EDT 2007

I think I can get this one but if someone has a formula to help me that
would be great.

Basically he uses the panning tool.  The north, south, east, west tool.  So
when he goes east he does not want to evenly go to the next square.  He
wants to go to the next square based on a sphere.  If he was on the equator
then the pixels would be correct.  But if he is in say Canada he wants to
panning tool to go to the next square in the sphere.  I hope this is making
sense.

I create the image based on the lat/lon coordinates passed to me with open
layers.  The mapping service I use just needs the upper left and lower right
corners to return the images.

Thanks for clarifying the term for me.  I am a software developer who is
trying to understand the GIS world.  You guys are great!

Linda Rawson