[OpenLayers-Users] Problem with lining up google map layers and MApServer served layer

Simone Gadenz simone.gadenz at jrc.it
Tue Apr 1 04:18:25 EDT 2008

Hi all!

When overlaying a mapserver layer to google maps data there is a shift. It
seems that the World Map data coming from http://world.freemap.in/tiles/
line up mwith the data source I am publishing (the yellow one) and they are
shifted of around the same amount respect to the base google map layers.

The same effect is visible on the spherical-mercator.html example file.

In MapServer I used the following string:

  PROJECTION

         "+proj=merc +a=6378137 +b=6378137 +lat_ts=0.0 +lon_0=0.0 +x_0=0.0
+y_0=0 +k=1.0 +units=m +nadgrids=@null +wktext  +no_defs"

  END

Any way to solve this?

S.