[OpenLayers-Users] Proportional Symbol Mapping

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Apr 4 06:57:16 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 10:48:09AM +0200, Eric Lemoine wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 11:05 PM, Bjorn Sandvik <B.Sandvik at sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> >  My question: Is there a way to keep the relative size of the symbols
> >  when the users zoom in/out?
>
> AFAICT there's no way to style features based on the current zoom level.

I'm pretty sure that the StyleMap/Style/Rule system is designed exactly
for that, but I have no idea how it's supposed to work.

I would say "look at http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Styles", but I see
that it's using Rules for styling, which I think was recently decided
would be unsupported in OpenLayers 2.6, so I don't know what you're
actually supposed to do.

Andreas? Tim?

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta